MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CAREFULLY！
Apply your VISA
Please fill in the survey (Survey for Overseas freshmen on Entering Taiwan on 2021 Spring semester) of your personal information BEFORE Feb 16, 11 pm (Taiwan Time). This survey is for the approval of visa application at your side, please make sure all information are filled out correctly.
NDHU will report your personal information which you filled in the survey to MOE on Feb. 17. After NDHU obtains the Official Document of approval from MOE, NDHU will email the notice to you for applying visa.
Your flight should be scheduled at least 3 weeks after you complete document submission to NDHU (Step 3) and within the following acceptable arrival date. Please make sure your flight can be changed to avoid possible insufficient quarantine hotel availability. (e.g., 2/17 complete document submission to NDHU, your flight has to be after 3/11)
NDHU’s acceptable arrival date:
Submit Documents to NDHU
Once you obtained your Visa and Flight ticket, fill and submit all required information via the google form (Survey for International Students (Freshmen) on Entering Taiwan). ***Please spare at least 10 days prior to your arrival date to reserve enough working days reporting and getting approval from MOE.
Please cooperate with the deadline to submit documents to NDHU:
After collecting your information, NDHU will accordingly report to MOE and then email students the final notice to inform if you are able to come as scheduled or not.
Received “Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate” & “NDHU Official Letter”
It takes 10 working days to apply for your Entry Permit.
Note: You must have the “Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate” to enter Taiwan. Failure to present the Certificate will result in being sent back to your country.
***Fall-Winter COVID-19 prevention program: all travelers coming to Taiwan and transit passengers are required to provide a certificate of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within three days prior to boarding the flight to Taiwan.
BEFORE ENTERING TAIWAN
- DOCUMENTS THAT MUST BE PREPARED
- Valid passport with a Visa for entry into Taiwan
- Overseas Student Entry Approval Permit Certificate(HARDCOPY)
- NDHU Official Letter (HARDCOPY)
- REQUIRED ITEMS TO BE PACKED
- At least 15 face masks
- 1 thermometer (no mercury thermometers allowed)
- REQUIRED PROCEDURES
Prior to boarding please complete the online “Quarantine System for Entry” declaration. Be sure you fill the correct quarantine hotel address. The steps to filling out this form are as follows:
- Click on the following link: https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw
- Fill out each field and ensure that all information provided is correct.
- Enable the roaming service of your mobile device once you arrive Taiwan.
- You will receive a link for the health declaration text(home quarantine notice) via SMS on your mobile device.
- Present thehealth declaration text(home quarantine notice) SMSfor verification when you arrive at the station where the home quarantine notice is handed in.
AFTER ENTERING TAIWAN
- Notify NDHU staff of your arrival via Line (Line group invitation will be email with your entry permit). You may use Airport Wi-Fi to connect to the internet.
- Customs will check all required documents + health declaration text.
- After customs, go to Overseas Student Reception Counter in arrival hall where a member of the NDHU staff will be present. DO NOT go straight to take a quarantine taxi.The agent present at the counter will check to ensure entry approval and home quarantine notice are all in place.
Taipei Taoyuan Airport(TPE)-Terminal 1
Taipei Taoyuan Airport(TPE)-Terminal 2
- NDHU staff will take you to take the quarantine taxi. Before boarding quarantine taxi, your ID will be reconfirmed and your home quarantine notification will be double-checked.
- Taxi will take you to the hotel. Please ensure that you have already exchanged your home currency for 1,750 NTD cash prior to boarding your flight to Taiwan to pay for the transportation fee.
- Check-in at the hotel and ensure that you follow all applicable regulations during the entire length of your stay at the quarantine hotel.
DURING QUARANTINE IN HOTEL
- Wash your hand thoroughly with soap and sanitize the doorknob with alcohol provided in your room.
- Please make sure you do NOT leave the room during the quarantine period. Your meals will be delivered to your door. Please leave your rubbish in bags and spray with alcohol before leaving it outside your door.
- Any deliveries in your name will be delivered by the hotel staff to your door. When ordering anything please be sure to specify that it be sent to the reception of your hotel.
- Please measure your temperature twice a day, report it back on LINE 疫止神通(Disease Containment Expert)（https://lin.ee/oY1L00W）. Please do so before 12pm noon every day for the entire 15 days of quarantine period. You can download and register LINE app here: https://line.me/en-US/download
LINE QR code- Disease Containment Expert
App pic- Disease Containment Expert
- If you have body temperature ⩾38 °C or any respiratory infections, please notify NDHU campus nurse via LINE.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule so NDHU and government officers can get in contact with you the police will visit to investigate. Should any breach of quarantine rules and regulations be found you will be subject to the applicable fines and penalties.
- After your 14-day quarantine, you are required to take COVID-19 RT-PCR test with our government’s financial aid. If you test negative, you could be out and then return to the campus.Therefore, in addition to 14-days home quarantine, you will have to stay 1-2 more days in quarantine hotel for waiting for the test results. In total, we will arrange you a room for 16 days.
2021 Spring Guide for International Degree Students
Resident Visa and Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
Visa is a required document for entering Taiwan. We recommend you to apply for Resident Visa because it is also a required document when you apply for Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) later on. Even you are from a visa-free country, we still recommend you to apply for Resident Visa in advance. Otherwise, you may need to leave the country or go through other formalities to apply for ARC.
For more information： Resident Visa
Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
The Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) serves as the ID card that proves your resident status in Taiwan. It is a very important document and we advise you to take good care of it and pay attention to its expiration time.
For more information： Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
Health Certificate For Residence Application
Health Certificate for Residence Application is a required document for applying Resident Visa and also Alien Resident Certificate(ARC).
Please remember to bring along this certificate and it has to be authenticated by Taiwanese Embassy.
You are required to show your verified diploma and transcript during NDHU’s Registration Days. Please note that you will not be able to complete the registration procedure during Registration Days unless you present all the verified documents.
Foreign Degree Verification
In addition, you should have all foreign diplomas and transcripts verified by the Taiwan Embassy/Mission in the country of the institution and show them on Registration Days. If the transcripts and diplomas (or graduation certificates) are not in Chinese or English, please verify the original documents and the translation of the documents before you arrive in Taiwan.
Mainland Chinese Degree Verification
Verification procedure for mainland Chinese diplomas is different from the General Degree Verification. For more information, please refer to “ Verification Procedure for Mainland Chinese Academic Qualifications ”.
Hong Kong and Macao Degree Verification
Verification procedure for Hong Kong and Macao diplomas is different from the General Degree Verification. For more information please refer to “ Regulations Governing the Examination and Recognition of Educational Qualifications from Hong Kong and Macao”
The course enrollment process consists of four parts：
Course Selection Period, and the Drop Courses Before Course Add/Drop, Drop/Add Period Online, Add Course Requests after the school semester starts. Please refer to Course Selection System for the relevant dates.
Online Course Selection System
Course Selection Process(PDF)
The User ID is your Student ID number .
The default password is “Student ID number +0”.
(For example, if your student id is 410112345, your password would be 4101123450.)
To help you to be familiar with NDHU student life, and assist you during your stay at NDHU, OIA provides you an NDHU current student volunteer to help you. Your volunteer can help you in both academic and practical matters in NDHU and Taiwan such as operating the complicated Online Courses Selection System, give you some useful tips in choosing courses.
University provides limited number of dormitories for students. They distinguish between dormitory for undergraduate and graduate students. Dormitory for undergraduate students offers quad rooms with own bathroom. Dormitory for graduate students offers single room with shared bathroom. Each person has his/her own desk (a mattress is not provided) and closet. In the ground floor there is also TV room and refrigerator. Each room is equipped with phone for calling within the campus. There are few water reservoirs and many washing machines and driers in each dormitory. Exchange students are usually accommodated in dormitory for undergraduate students.
There are some accommodation available in private sector close to the campus. Prices vary depending on the quality and location but certainly price is higher than for accommodation provided by university.
Eating at university dorm cafeterias costs around NT$ 6,000 per month, whereas eating off-campus might exceed NT$ 8,000. There are 2 convenient stores in the campus that provides 10 % discount for students. Here are samples of price food:
‧fried rice NT$ 60 – 70
‧chicken steak with rice NT$ 70 – 85
‧kung pao with rice NT$ 60 – 85
‧kari chicken NT$ 90